Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Picton: Winter Wonderland


I spent Christmas day with my family at my sister's in-laws.  They have a beautiful home on a lake in the picturesque town of Picton, Ontario.  Unfortunately, we arrived in the evening, so I couldn't get a photo of their house for you, but I did snap a lovely photo of my Dad next to a far with a curving fence in the snow...

Picton is a small town, known in its early development for strategic military history.  Now a popular resort area and agricultural industry.  We stayed at the lovely Inn at Huff Estates that was also a winery and art gallery (in warmer weather).

I loved Huff Estates little suites... They had a 2-sided faux-fireplace that was easily operated.  A huge DVD selection to borrow from for guests (and a basket of microwave popcorn for purchase).  They have an extensive breakfast buffet in the mornings.  The huge jacuzzi tub and flat screen tv was something I headed to  as soon as Christmas dinner was over... So healthy right?

Here is a photo of my sister's Mother-in-law's pretty Christmas centerpiece. She also had traditional English crackers at each setting, which I love and wish more people would bring back for all dining events...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis