Sunday, July 11, 2010

Panzano: Rustic Italian Cooking - Girls Night In




A culinary fantasy come true...  My mother, sister and I took a cooking class at the Tuscan cottage where we stayed (see my previous post for pics).  Our chef was the very sweet Stefania who often partnered with our B&B proprietor Giulietta on catering events.  I had a mission of learning how to make fresh pasta in Italy.  My sister, already a well-trained amateur chef was just happy to eat.  My mother had a goal of making a scrumptious local dessert. 

The menu was a medley of local vegetables,  pork roulade cooked in milk, spinach and ricotta ravioli with butter sage sauce and a Tuscan apple cake.

The herbs were picked outside on the grounds.  The olive oil used was pressed from the proprietor’s own olives.  The lemon used in the cake was still warm from the sun…Gorgeous, no?

Kneading the pasta was quite the workout, but I realized that with Italian food, it’s pretty simple once you know what you’re doing.

Since returning home, I have made ravioli several times and the apple cake twice.
Cooking lessons and B&B: http://www.fagiolari.it/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis